Some of my favorite things in life are green, maybe, or probably. Green lights as they enable me to go. Greenery, as it oxygenates the air. Cameleons because they are cool. My eyes because they see, I mean truly see. My turtles because they are an example of sheer self-sufficiency, I mean, they carry their home on their backs. Forests because they are majestic. I’ve had the experience of having someone look at me with suspicion when I offered them a glass with something green in it. I explain it’s vegetables, you know, vegetables? Green vegetables. Fruit, you know fruit? I apologize for my slightly sarcastic tone, but the nature of eating healthy, especially delicious plant-based foods is innate to me. Our bodies crave healthy, nutritious, natural food that don’t impede them to stay and keep us healthy.
Here’s my green for this morning, in a glass, with only natural ingredients. All ingredients you can see in nature. And that is a good thing.
Avocado/Green Tea Smooth
I love Avocados in Smoothies:
- They add a creamy texture in smoothies without the cream.
- They thicken the smoothie and make it feel like a “smoothie” not a juice.
- They’re loaded with Omega-3, Potassium, and Fiber, so they boost the nutritional profile of your smoothie.
- The nutritional profile of avocados not only boosts the smoothie, but it makes you full longer. So a cup of the smoothie can fill you up for a while.
- They’re available all year long! And you can use as many as two avocados or half an avocado in your smoothie.
Matcha Avocado Smoothie
This easy Avocado Smoothie is only four ingredients and a blender away! Luscious and creamy with a boost of antioxidant from the Matcha green tea.
- 2 Avocados peeled and pitted
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup Non-dairy Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Vanilla sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon matcha powder
- 8 oz Almond, Oat or Cashew milk
- Use soft ripe avocados for extra texture and body to your smoothie.
- Any type of yogurt works in this recipe, choose your favorite. If you’re making this a vegan smoothie, use any non-dairy yogurt.
- Matcha is a powerful anti-oxidant and a little bit goes a long way. So don’t add too much!
- You don’t need a high-quality blender to make this smoothie, any blender works well!
- If the smoothie feels too thick for your taste, thin it out with juice or even water.
- To make a smoothie bowl, simply pour the smoothie into a bowl and top it with granola, nuts, berries, and your favorite toppings.
- This smoothie is best enjoyed within two days. Keep any extra smoothie in the fridge.
Sign up for My Vegan Life Newsletter
By My Vegan Life — The Expertise of Green
Hello Vegans and Those Curious About Vegans And To Get Some Recipes Take a look